Have you recently got a work opportunity in Azerbaijan? Are you wondering what to do next?
What visa to apply for, how do find the application, and other requirements?
Worry not, we are here to help you out with your questions.
Start with knowing about visa
So if you are a foreigner wishing to enter Azerbaijan, the first thing you will be needing is a visa. This visa makes you a legal traveler in Azerbaijan and also helps you to co-operate with the Azerbaijan government and authorities.
What Are the Types of Azerbaijan visa?
Azerbaijan government offers you mainly two types of visa
One is an Azerbaijan Tourist visa, this visa will help you to enter and carry out your touristic activities legally in Azerbaijan.
The next one is an Azerbaijan Business visa, this visa will help you to work and carry out your business work legally in Azerbaijan with the approval of the authorities. This visa is valid for 90 days.
Now, remember you are not allowed to work on a Tourist visa.
READ ALSO: Azerbaijan visa types
Who needs a Business visa?
If you're travelling to Azerbaijan for work, a work conference, meetings, or any other work-related events. You would, in that case, require an Azerbaijan business visa.
Business visa requirements
Here are all the documents you would need for your Azerbaijan business visa
- Valid passport which has 2 blank pages and is valid for a minimum of 3 months
- Passport size photographs
- Visa application
- Invitation letter
- Travel Medical insurance
- Covid PCR test report
Additional requirements for Non-UK tourists.
The non-UK tourists need to submit any of these 2 documents:
- Utility bill received recently
- Bank statement from the recent past
- Statement from a recent credit card
- Contract/bill for a mobile phone
- Letter from the NHS
READ ALSO: Documents Required for Azerbaijan visa
How to Apply for Business Visa?
You can apply for a business visa via the internet. All you have to do now is obtain an Azerbaijan visa application and complete it with the necessary details. This application will be submitted after you have made a successful online credit/debit card payment.
After that, your visa will be processed, and you will receive an email with your approved visa.
This entire procedure is completed online, and you will not be required to visit the embassy.
Business visa rules
- You need to have an invitation letter from the company based in Azerbaijan which invites you for work-related events.
- Your passport must have 2 unmarked blank pages
- Your coloured passport photo must be taken in a white or light background.
- Israel citizens can get their visas on arrival
Tips for Azerbaijan Travellers
- Always carry your visa with you
- Make sure to carry local currency as local shops won't accept cards
- Be careful with your belongings.
- Be careful about religion and sentiments in Azerbaijan
- Do not wear short clothes
- Pork is forbidden in Azerbaijan.