Azerbaijan is a wonderful country to visit, particularly if you love history and are interested in exploring ancient ruins. This place has many things to offer, which makes it a popular tourist hot spot for people from all over the world, including the residents of the UK. For several, the issuance of a visa seems difficult. But if you know the specifications, you can make the process smoother. Here's every detail you need to know on how to apply for an Azerbaijan Visa for the citizens of UK.
The country has become a popular destination for spa tourism, health care, and religious people. If you're a travel aficionado, this is the place for you. The country is now issuing Azerbaijan visas for tourists from the UK, as well as for other nations.
AZERBAIJAN VISA REQUIREMENTS
The basic requirement is the same for all countries including the UK, that you have a valid passport. The document should also remain valid for the next three months until your visa has expired. You need to apply online for an Azerbaijan e visa and fill out the form. You will have to mention the details like the date of arrival, the date of arrival, your name, nationality, passport number, and date of birth. Next, pay the service fee with your debit or credit card. Once processed, you will get your approved visa through your registered email ID. These are the basic Azerbaijan Visa Requirements.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR VISA
You will need a copy of your digital passport along with the original one for an Azerbaijan Tourist Visa. You need to Scan the passport clearly and then upload it for further processing. Two passport size photographs are also needed with white background and your face should be in the center and it should be clear and visible. You should also have a hotel booking letter which will serve as proof of accommodation or a letter that you may receive from a travel company or a tourist company. Also, keep a copy of your flight tickets to Azerbaijan.
READ ALSO: Documents required for Azerbaijan visa
AZERBAIJAN VISA COST AND PROCESSING TIME
The normal visa service cost is 45.0 USD but if you need Visa urgently during some emergency then the Azerbaijan Visa UK cost will be 48.0 USD.
The processing time of Visa in a norma service is 4-5 days whereas, in an emergency, the processing time will be 3-4 hours.
AZERBAIJAN TRAVEL RESTRICTIONS
Azerbaijan implemented some travel rules due to COVID-19 and entry is very limited so check with your travel company before applying.
- The use of a medical mask will be required at all times while at the airport and on the flight. It is mandatory to keep the mask in with you at all times, except for particular requirements, such as border control, at the request of an airport official or when eating.
- Hand luggage will not be permitted on flights arriving in Azerbaijan except for smaller personal items such as a handbag or a briefcase. Check with your airline for the new hand baggage allowance and rules adopted to tackle COVID-19 on-board your flight.
- All passengers traveling to or from Azerbaijan will need a negative COVID-19 test. The test itself may take longer than 48 hours before your flight, but the certificate indicating the negative test result will only be approved if it is given within 48 hours before the flight. You should try to get your test results printed or a paper certificate. You could be screened again for COVID-19 and have your temperature checked when you arrive in Azerbaijan. You should not use the NHS Testing Service to get a test to make it easier for you to fly to another country. You need to take a private examination.
- The Cabinet of Ministers has ruled that passengers who do not test positive at arrival will not be allowed to remain in a state quarantine facility. The related decree can be found on the website of Azerbaijan Airlines (AZAL). You will have to be self-isolated (for 14 days) for the protection of others and yourself and to comply with the restrictions on travel that is implemented on everyone in Azerbaijan.
- International citizens who do not submit a negative COVID-19 test certificate will not be allowed to enter Azerbaijan. On this basis only, registration and boarding of flights will be carried out.
- Anyone with symptoms of COVID-19 will be guided to the airport medical station. The case will be reported to the Emergency Medical Services from there. If you are taken to a state quarantine facility or are hospitalized, you may contact the British Embassy. Call +994 12 437 7878.
READ ALSO: Azerbaijan visa free countries
This article covers the most basic forms of travel and represents the understanding of the rules that are enforced by the UK Government currently. Unless otherwise mentioned, this information is for travelers using a full British Citizen's passport.
The authorities in the country or region in which you are traveling holds the responsibility for the establishment and enforcement of the rules of entry. If you are unsure about any term of the entry requirements or if you need more reassurance, in such a case you contact the embassy, high commission, or consulate of the country or region to which you are traveling.
Also, make sure to check with your transport facilitator or travel company to ensure that your passport and other travel documents meet their necessary requirements.
If you plan to stay in Azerbaijan for a duration of more than 15 days then, you will have to register with the State Migration Service within 15 days of your arrival in Azerbaijan, either by visiting State Migration Service in person or online. Hotels may offer this service to their guests, but visitors who stay in apartments or private residences will have to register on their own. Each tourist holds the responsibility for ensuring that their registration has been completed. If you stay more than 30 days, you will need to obtain a temporary residency card unless you apply to extend your visa on compassionate grounds.
READ ALSO: Azerbaijan visa on arrival
The above-mentioned details cover every aspect of the topic, Azerbaijan visa for the citizens of UK.