The Tourism sector of India is growing at a fast pace. India is a country with many unique cultural heritage temples, numerous wildlife sanctuaries and is surrounded by the Indian Ocean, the Himalayas, the Bay of Bengal, and the Arabian Sea. It's a multilingual country where many different types of languages are spoken. It is a dream for any foreigner to visit this fascinating country. It has various tourist attractions that include spectacular waterfalls, deserts, famous rivers such as Ganga, Yamuna, Sutlej, and Indus, etc.
A visa is a necessary document to visit India. In this article, you will get the information regarding India Visa for Norway Passport Holders.
The visa is that document that allows you to stay in a foreign country as a tourist. All the citizens of Norway who are planning to visit need a Visa. You can get it through online Mode by filling up a form or by visiting the nearest Indian Embassy or by applying for Visa on Arrival.
TYPES OF INDIAN VISA FOR NORWAY VISITORS HOLDING A VALID PASSPORT
There are various types of Indian Visas but the major ones for the citizens of Norway are as following:
- Single Entry Tourist Visa- This type of Visa allows visitors to stay in for 90 days for tourism purposes and holds the validity of 1 year from the day of approval.
- Double Entry Business Visa- This visa is issued to the nationals who visit India for business purposes and has a stay validity of 180 days and the visa validity is of 1 year from the day of approval.
READ ALSO: HOW TO APPLY INDIA VISA ONLINE
The Indian E-Visa format is somewhat similar to the Visa on arrival but to get an E-Visa the applicant needs to apply for their Indian Visa online so it is not exactly like the Visa on arrival. After the submission of the online form, pay the appropriate fees online and, you will get the approved visa via registered email ID. You would not have to send a passport by courier or visit the Indian Embassy or Consulate. E-visa is a much easier way to get a visa because you don't have to wait for your documents to be checked at the airport, as is the case of a visa on arrival.
VISA ON ARRIVAL
A national who visits India for business, tourism, conference and medical purposes is eligible for Visa-on-Arrival. The Holders of Diplomatic/Official Passports shall not have access to this facility. Also, if a person belongs to a Pakistani origin or has a Pakistani Passport is denied the option of Visa on Arrival.
STEPS TO APPLY TO GET INDIAN VISA FOR Norway CITIZENS:
To get an Indian Visa there are, you need to follow the following steps:
- Fill up the Online Application form. This form has all the information like Marital Status, Occupation, Details of Your visit to India, Religion, Visible Identification marks, etc. Make sure that you fill in all the information correctly to decrease the chances of any error.
- Submit the form after paying the visa fees through a Debit or a Credit Card.
- After processing, you will get your approved visa on your registered Email ID.
- Keep a Copy for future requirements.
- A valid Passport with a validity of a minimum of 6 months and 2 blank pages for stamps.
- 2 Passport size photographs with a white background and the head must be in the center with proper focus.
- Return Ticket and proof of accommodation.
- In the case of a Business Visa, a Business card and letter of invitation from the Indian company is required.
READ ALSO: INDIA VISA POLICY
INDIAN VISA FEES
An Indian Rupees fee equal to USD60/-per passenger (including children) will be charged from each foreigner as Indian Visa Fees for a Tourist Visa-On-Arrival
YELLOW FEVER GUIDELINES
India has a travel condition for yellow fever for tourists coming from Norway, an impacted country with yellow fever. It is mandatory for Argentine residents, and those traveling from Norway, to obtain a yellow fever vaccination card and present it when entered into India.
In addition to being vaccinated against yellow fever, it is also advised to consult a doctor or medical professional to identify other recommended vaccinations for traveling to India.
DESIGNATED PORTS FOR VISA ON ARRIVAL
Visa-on-Arrival is provided to eligible foreigners only at six designated international airports: Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Kolkata, Bangalore, and Hyderabad
DESIGNATED PORTS FOR E-VISA
Once an electronic visa has been obtained by a traveler, it can be used to enter through the 28 designated airports and 5 seaports in India that are mentioned below. However, travelers can exit from any of the country's approved Immigration Check Points.
- Chennai Seaport
- Cochin Seaport
- Goa Seaport
- Mangalore Seaport Mumbai Seaport
The above-mentioned information is all you need to know to get India Visa for Norway Passport Holders.