Suriname is a small country located in South America predominantly known for its Dutch colonial architecture, dense rainforests and multiculturalism. As a tourist, whether you want to experience the reminisce of the past in Paramaribo through its timeless colonial houses or visit the largest man-made lakes in the world 'Brokopondo Reservoir', Suriname has it all for you.
Citizens of Saudi Arabia can apply for a Suriname e-visa online through the Tourist Visa Online website.
How to apply for an e-visa?
You get a maximum of 90-days to stay with an e-visa and the visa usually expires in 180 days. You can get your e-visa easily with these 3 steps.
Step 1 - Fill up the application form and upload the required documents.
You would have to register your account on the Tourist Visa Online website followed by filling the application form and uploading the required documents.
Step 2 - Pay the fee online.
You can pay through multiple payment options like PayPal, debit/credit card or direct bank transfer. Once your fee payment is successful, you will receive a confirmation code on your email address. After your application has been approved, you'll receive your e-visa in pdf format.
Step 3 - Keep a printout of your e-visa.
Download your e-visa and keep the hard copy with you while travelling. You can also download a .pdf copy on your mobile phone for easy access.
READ ALSO: Types of Suriname E Visas
Documents required for an e-visa
Two main types of e-visas are available for the citizens of Saudi Arabia namely tourist e-visa and business e-visa.
Note - These 4 documents are common in both e-visas but some additional documents are essential if you opt for a Suriname business e-visa.
Passport Copy - Your passport must have validity for at least 6 months beyond the expiry date of the visa. Scan a clear copy of all the important pages like personal details, passport issue and expiry dates.
Passport Photographs - Your photographs shouldn't be older than 6 months. It should have a white background and the size of your photograph has to be 3x4cm.
Travel itinerary - Travel itinerary isn't a ticket but a travel reservation from Saudi Arabia in your name. You don't have to book actual tickets before your visa is approved, instead, look for a hotel and flight itinerary.
Accommodation booking - Your hotel/apartment reservations are required. In other cases such as staying at a family/friend's residence, the address and contact number are required.
Documents required for business e-visa
Invitation letter - An invitation letter has to be issued by the institution you'll be visiting. The letter would state the specific objective (business meeting, negotiations, etc) and the duration of your stay.
A senior manager of the company/institution shall be signing the letter.
Pre-approval invitation letter - The ministry of foreign affairs of Suriname will grant this letter, the company is also required to provide a copy of the chamber of commerce license.
Letters of reference - These letters are to be written by someone who can vouch for you. It should be addressed to the embassy and identify the writer's relationship to you.
READ ALSO: How long does it take to get a visa for Suriname
- An e-visa is needed for each traveller including infants and children.
- Additional documents might be needed for minors like birth certificates, NOC, etc.
- Your passport must have a minimum validity of 6 months and should have at least 1 blank page for the Suriname immigration officer to use.
- While visiting a friend or relative, their ID proof, address proof and invitation letter are required.
- In case your trip is being sponsored by a host in Suriname, you'd have to submit their ID proof, bank statement and a sponsorship letter.
- The e-visa service isn't connected to the Surinamese embassy, your queries will only be answered by the e-visa application support desk.
- Make sure your device has a stable internet connection throughout the e-visa application process otherwise any disruption to your network will lead to an error message due to security reasons.