Many citizens of Australia visit Egypt and the number is ever-increasing. One of the most favorite tourist attractions including the Great Pyramid of Giza and the Valley of Tomb king Egypt can provide Australians Millennium great excitement and an adventurous journey through their culture and heritage. In this article, we will be discussing how can citizens of Australia apply for Egypt visa and obtain an e-Visa and find the easiest way to get access to the country of pyramids.
Types of visas available for Australian citizens to visit Egypt
The most important and very first step for applying a visa for Australian nationals is to find out what kind of Egyptian visa will be most ideal for the trip. Given below are some of the major visa types that Australian citizens can choose from,
- Transit visa, if you are a citizen of Australia and only staying in Egypt for 6 to 48 hours then you do not need any kind of Egyptian Transit Visa. You will need to provide proof of onward travel within the designated 48 hours or you will not be allowed to leave the airport at all. Also, citizens with flights departing within 6 hours are not allowed to leave the airport unless they have a valid tourist visa.
- Egypt tourist visas, there are two kinds of Egyptian tourist visas for Australian citizens. One is a single entry Visa and the other is a multi-entry visa. Australians are allowed to enter Egypt and stay for up to 30 days. This means that you will need to leave the country before 30 days have been completed and you will need to submit a new application if you want to re-enter Egypt. The second kind of visa is a multi-entry Visa and it offers citizens more flexibility for visiting and from Egypt. This kind of tourist e visa to visit Egypt is valid for only 6 months and you are allowed to enter as many times as you want until a single stay is up to 30 days only.
READ ALSO: 30 days Egypt tourist visa
Required documents for Egypt visa application from Australia
All the applicants are expected to provide Egyptian travel authorities following documents and personal information,
- A valid Australian passport.
- Use a valid passport only.
- An email address.
- A debit or credit card through which you will pay for the application fee
- A complete itinerary with Egyptian hotels or guest houses in which you are planning to stay.
Along with the documents listed above the application form have several requirements that you need to submit. following details are included in it,
- The passenger’s first and last name
- Date of birth
- Place of residency
- Contact details including their phone number
- Reason for visiting Egypt
- Passport expiration date
- Passport number
Australians traveling with minors to the country should know children also need an Egypt electronic visa.
READ ALSO: Requirements for Egypt visa
Egypt Visa for People with Australian passport
- There is also the facility of Egypt Visa on arrival option for citizens of Australia and this visa can be taken at the Port of entry.
- However, there are some disadvantages when you get a visa on arrival. It includes volatility of waiting time which can be hours depending upon the demand of visa.
- There is also the issue of only one kind of visa option the available the 30 days single entry visa.
- Also, you will need to pay the fees in cash no credit cards and debit cards are accepted.