Foreigners from around the world chose Turkey as their most preferred destination to travel for either business purpose of tourism purpose or for just passing through their way to reach another desired destination. The magnificent beauty of Turkey has captivated the hearts of many foreign travellers from around the world, that includes even Sri Lankan citizens. A repots says that in the year 2019, nearly 8000 Sri Lanka passport holders were welcomed at Turkey. Sri Lanka citizens can now apply for their Turkey Visa online from anywhere in the world. Let us read further to understand Turkey Visa for Sri Lanka and Turkey visa process for Sri Lanka.
There is a state of relief among the citizens of Sri Lankans as they can now apply for e-visa for Turkey. Yes, from 40 citizens who have the permit to apply for e-visa, Sri Lanka is one of them. Now Sri Lankan citizens will jo linger have to go to Turkish embassy and wit there for hours to get their visas to fly off to Turkey. They can also simply do it sitting anywhere. It is that easy!!.
- Details about Turkey E-visa
- Turkey visa for Sri Lanka
- Advice for Sri Lankan travellers
- Docs for Turkey visa for Sri Lankan citizens
- Recommendation to Sri Lankan traveller
Details about Turkey E-visa
It was in 2013 when the government of Turkey had launched online visa system instead of a sticker visa. Ever since that traveller has been able to easily apply for Turkey Visa Online. Turkey e-visa process is not at all tedious. Rather you just need to spend 10 minutes while filling the application and attaching all the relevant documents and your Turkey e-visa will be processed. Turkey e-visa on approval will be emailed once the visa has been approved. While travelling, you will have to ensure to have a copy of your visa along with you. Turkey e-visa is a permit document needed to enter the land of Turkey. Without your e-visa, you will not be granted entry. This means that you will no longer have to go to the embassy or wait in lines at the airport to get your visa. Your visa is just a click away.
Turkey visa for Sri Lanka
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Turkey launched the e-visa system in 2013. With the help of e-visa, visitors who wish to travel to Turkey can easily get their e-visa by applying online. Sri Lanka passport holders are now eligible for Turkey e-visa and they can easily apply for a visa.
Tourist Visa Online offers e-visa services to travellers. It is possible for the tourist to obtain their e-visa 24x7 from anywhere around the world. Turkey visa for Sri Lankan citizens available at Tourist visa Online is of 90 days. This visa permits single entry and is valid for 180 days from the date of arrival. The stay validity for Sri Lanka citizens is of 90 days.
Advice for Sri Lankan travellers
The easiest and affordable way to reach Turkey from Sri Lanka is to fly and that will take nearly around 10 hours, including stopover. The distance to cover between Sri Lanka and Turkey is of 5775KM. It is advisable to carry a soft copy of your e-visa along with you and other documents as well as they may be needed during the immigration process upon arrival at Turkey airport. The validity of your visa will immediately begin from the date of arrival in Turkey. But the stay period will be of 90 days. The best practice is to plan and be well aware of the validity period so that you do not end up overstaying in Turkey as this may lead to serious action by Turkey officials.
Document Requirement for Turkey visa for Sri Lankan citizens
The list of documents needed by Sri Lankans during the application process is not very long. The requirements are very basic and common. You might already have these documents available with you. You just need to get them in place so that you don’t miss out on any of it. Let us see the Documents needed for Turkey Visa
- Email Address: While filling in the details in the Turkey Application Form online, you will have to provide them with a relevant email ID so that your approved e-visa can be emailed to you. So if you don’t have an email Id make sure you create one right now.
- Passport: This is mandatory to have to apply for e-visa. The validity of your passport must be of minimum. In case your passport is about to expire, then do get it renewed.
- Photograph: To enter Turkey and to apply for a visa you will be needing a passport that has a validity of 6 months from the date of arrival in Turkey.
- Flight booking details.
- Payment: While applying online for visa application, you will have to do the payment online too. For this, you need to have your Debit/credit card ready with you. You can also use PayPal for the payment option.
To make your life easier, here is a checklist for you:
- Passport size photograph
- Supporting documents
Read Also: Turkey Visa Policy
Recommendation to Sri Lankan traveller
- It is always recommended to cross verify and check any useful information related to your travel or the country you are visiting.
- Keep in mind that even after submission of f e-visa application, it is not guaranteed that your Turkey e-visa will be approved. The visa can get rejected for small mistakes.
- Be very alert while applying for e-visa.
- Before submitting the application, cross-check all the information filled in the form.
- Is it safe to submit personal information online?
Yes, if you are applying through Tourist visa online, then you need not worry about this. Your data is 100% secured. Your data is directly submitted to the Turkish government.
- What if my travelling date changes? Can this be amended in the visa too?
No, once you have applied online, you cannot change the date. You will again have to apply for Turkey e-visa.
- Will I have to apply for e-visa for other people accompanying me?
Yes, every traveller must have a separate e-visa to enter Turkey.
- My information about e-visa and travel document does not match. Will be granted a permit to enter Turkey?
No, You will not be allowed to enter as your visa will not be considered valid. You will have to apply for another turkey e-visa.
- After submitting the online visa application, when can one obtain their e-visa?
After successfully submitting the online application, visa processing takes 3-4 days if you apply through a Tourist visa online. Tourist visa online offers visa tracking service. You can keep the track of your visa status at regular intervals. After visa approval, you can download it and your visa will also be emailed to you.