Foreigners who dream of visiting Turkey once in their lifetime then you must know about Turkey visa types in detail that can help you plan your travel accordingly. You must have knowledge about Trunkey’s visa regime. Turkey Visa for tourist or business purpose may vary from country to country.
Some travellers may be exempted from visa to enter Turkey for tourist or business purpose. While some might have to apply for their e-visa for Turkey to enter the Country. You can Apply Turkey Visa Online.
- Turkey visa Types
- Validity of passport
- Some General Information about Turkey visa
Turkey visa Types
Let us know more about Turkey visa types:
- Tourist / Businessperson
- Tourist visit
- Business Meeting/Commerce
- Sportive Activity
- Cultural Artistic Activity
- Visit Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus
- Official Visit
- Single Transit
- Double Transit
- Official visa
- Assigned for duty
- Education Visa / Student Visa
- Internship Visa
- Turkish Language Course Purpose
- Course Purpose
- Education Purpose
- Getting Education in the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus
- Working Visa
- Employment Purpose/Special Employment Purpose
- Assigned Sportsperson
- Assigned Journalists
- Assigned Lecturers/Academics
- Assigned Free Zone Workers
- Montage and Repairman Purposes
- Assigned Artists
- Other visas
- Documentary Purpose
- Medical Treatment Purposes
- Archaeological Excavation, Exploration Purpose
- Tour Operator Representative
- Family Unification Purpose
- Freight Vısa
- Seafarer Visa
Read Also: Turkey Visa Cost
Details of Tourist visa
An invitation letter has to be submitted along with a Tourist visa application. The letter must include:
- TR identity number of the person inviting
- Clear identity
- List of invitees
- Permanent address
- Contact number
- Duration and purpose of the stay
In case an organisation or a company is sending the invite then the company will have to attach a tax registration certificate.
Details of Working visa
Foreigners who wish to apply for a working visa for Turkey can do so by applying through a consular office in their respective country. One must obtain a work permit or visa to work in Turkey. Along with the Turkey Visa Application form, it is necessary to submit your passport copy and letter from employer.
Work permit visa is issued by the Ministry of Labor and Social security and the work permit visa has to equivalence to a residence permit. You can refer to MLSS’s website to know about the list of documents for work permit visa. Working visa is granted to only those foreigners who would be working if free zones in Turkey.
Tour operator representative visa
Tour operators of foreign representatives are exempted from work visa for a period of eight months.
Foreigners who apply for transportation visa will be provided with multiple entry visa for one year by submitting all essential documents. This may differ for truck drivers of a country
Read Also: Turkey Visa Policy
Validity of Passport
Any foreigners who wish to enter Turkey must have a travel document (passport) along with them. The passport must have an expiry date of at least sixty days from stay duration on their visa.
Citizens of countries who are permitted to enter Turkey with nation ID are:
- The Netherlands
- Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus
Read Also: Turkey Visa for Sri Lankan
Some General Information about Turkey visa
- Those travellers who are not exempted from an entry visa, will have to obtain visas or book an appointment with Turkish consular office for Turkish Sticker visa. Countries that do not have Turkish consular office can schedule an appointment online with the nearest consular office.
- To avoid delay in processing, it is advisable to apply for a visa a month in advance before the travel date.
- In case the application gets rejected, visa fees will not be refunded.
- Visas submitted to foreigners does not guarantee the absolute right to enter Turkey.
- It is necessary for all applicants to have Medical insurance, for their stay in Turkey.
- The stay duration in visa cannot exceed by 90 days. This rule is for all foreigners travelling to Turkey.
- Foreigners holding two passports cannot stay on Turkey for 90 days each against two different passports.
- Turkey consular offices may issue a visa for a maximum duration of 90 days for any type of visa application. In case a foreigner wishes to stay for a longer duration then they should apply for “Shot Term residence Permit”.
- The residence permit will get cancelled for any foreigners if they stay outside Turkey for more than 120 days.
- Visa application for travellers except for Touristic or trade purpose will have to obtain a visa from Turkish Representations.
- For applicants who are under the age of 18 will have to submit an official written approval from their parents.
Read Also: Turkey Visa Requirements
- What is the time period for the validity of my passport if I am travelling to Turkey?
The minimum validity of your passport should be of at least six months for you to travel to Turkey.
- Will I have to mention my parents name in the application form for my visa?
If you are travelling to turkey, and are below 18 years of age, you will mention the name of your parents in the application form. This is only if applicable for travellers below 18 years of age.
- I have several first names; will I have to fill all of them in the application form?
The details you will mention in your application form has to match with the details in your passport. Follow what has mentioned in the passport and write your name accordingly.
- Will I have to apply for a visa for my child as well?
Yes, every child/minor must have their visa for Turkey.
- For what type of travel is Turkey e-visa available?
Turkey e-visa is only available for either business trips or tourism purpose.
- Can I do any modification on my e-visa?
You will only be allowed for modification for e-visa application through email only if it has not been submitted further. If the application has been submitted, then no modification is possible. If you have realised the mistake after the submission, then you will again have to apply for visa application.
- Will my e-visa grant me entry to the country concerned?
An e-visa will grant you the permit to travel to a particular country. The government of that country always has the right to deny your entry without any prior notice. But this usually very rarely happens. So you need not worry.