An Uganda Transit Visa is for all those passengers who do not enjoy a long tenure visa. For a hop – skip – jump from one country via another country to the home country, a Transit Visa is considered most useful.
Transit can be understood as a process that may require a Visa, or for an extremely short wait, you may not require a visa at all. But at times, when the traveller has a long-duration stay, it is recommended for them to issue a Transit Visa as it’ll help them kill their boredom and also explore another beauteous country.
Considering the option of Transit Visa, offered by the immigration authorities of Uganda, passengers can stay back in the country a little longer and experience the hospitality and beauty of the diverse nature. This blog will focus on everything you need to know about the Uganda Transit Visa, considering it to be one of the most popular visas of the country after the Tourist E – Visa. As very little but sufficient information is provided, we at Tourist Visa Online portal, aimed at informing our readers into a brief insight into everything about Uganda Transit Visa.
- Uganda Transit Visa
- Required Documents for Transit Visa
- Transit Visa application process
- Important things to know before applying
- Frequently Asked Questions
Uganda Transit Visa
A transit visa is a visa which is issued by the government of Uganda and the immigration authorities’ for travellers who intend to transit and not stay for a longer duration in Uganda. The benefit of having a transit Visa is, the entire application process can be done online as per the convenience of the traveller.
The need for a Transit Visa depends on the duration of the stay in the country during the transit. For the passengers who only wish to stay in the airport during their transit for a short duration, they do not require a transit Visa. But these passengers must make sure that they will only be permitted in the transit area of the airport. They won’t be allowed to leave the premises of the airport to explore the country.
The transit Visa is only for those, who will be having a short duration stay in the country, and who wish to get out of the airport to explore the country of Uganda. An Uganda Transit Visa is valid for 2 days, so the passenger can have a short stay to either rejuvenate himself or to explore the country for a short span of 48 hours. With a Valid Uganda Transit Visa, you will be permitted to exit the airport.
Please note, a transit visa is only for the purpose of transiting, you can’t continue to work or reside in the country through a transit visa. For those who want a long-duration stay, they need to apply for a Tourist E – Visa. The process has now become a hassle-free and swift as per the convenience of the applicants.
Read Also: Uganda Tourist Visa
Required Documents for Transit Visa
Before applying for any Uganda Visa, it is mandatory for every applicant to submit certain Documents Required for Uganda Visa either in person or stated by the Government now, the documents can be sent through an E- visa application also.
Below mentioned is the list of the required documents for the transit visa in Uganda:
- Scanned copy of the Passport
The applicant is required to submit the scanned copy of the bio page of their passport
- The Passport should have at least 6 months of validity
The applicant should make sure that the validity of his/her passport should be at least 6 months from the date of entry to the country
- A recent passport size photograph of the applicant
The applicant is required to submit a recent passport size photograph. Make sure that the scanned copy of the photo should be clear and clicked on a plain white background.
- A Scanned copy of the Vaccination certificate (yellow fever)
The applicant is required to submit a scanned copy of the vaccinations they need to take before the travel. A yellow fever vaccination is one of the most important vaccinations hence for the proof, you will need to submit the certificate to the immigration authorities.
Read Also: How to Check Uganda Visa Status Online
Transit Visa application process
To issue a Transit Visa for the country of Uganda is not a very difficult process. The immigration authorities have made it easier for all those who wish to apply for the Visa.
All you are required to do is:
- The applicant is required to visit the Ministry of Immigration and Foreign Affairs website
- The next step includes starting a new application, the applicant has to click on the tab Start a new application
- Going further, the applicant is then required to select the type of application. Under the section of Visa or Permit, choose Visa and under the type of Visa choose Transit.
- The applicant will have to then read the instructions carefully and duly fill the form. Make sure to verify all your details as any error may leave an impact on your application.
- After submitting your application, the applicant is then required to submit all the above-mentioned documents. You will get an option of uploading. You will have to upload all the scanned documents.
- And lastly, submit the application form and the required documents.
- Please note, you will be required to pay a certain amount, in case you don’t pay the online fees your visa application may not get processed and may not be granted. It is important to pay the Visa charges.
Read Also: Uganda Visa Cost
Important things to know before applying
Before the application of a Transit Visa, there are some things that must be noted by every traveller who is thinking of issuing the same.
Below mentioned are some of the important points one should keep in mind before applying:
- The Uganda Transit E – Visa has its validity for 2 days after the applicant’s arrival into the country.
- At the time of applying, the applicant should not be in the country. The application of obtaining the Transit Visa must be a pre-planned process.
- Those who are applying for an Uganda Transit Visa, should not have any other ongoing Uganda Visa.
- The applicant’s passport is required to be valid for at least 6 months from the entry to Uganda.
- Please note, the transit visa cannot be converted into a work visa while the applicant is in the country of Uganda.
- It is mandatory for the travellers to take a print of the travel authorization and carry it along with them as they may be asked to present it to the authorities while entering the country.
- It is mandatory for the applicant to arrive in the country, with the same passport with which they applied for the Transit E – Visa.
Read Also: 90 Days Uganda Visa
Frequently Asked Questions
- Which Visa is required for a connecting flight?
For those who wish to stay back into the country while transiting from one country to the other, they will require to issue a Transit Visa, but for those who do not wish to stay and have only entered the country with an intention to transit, do not require any Visa. Those who do not issue the Visa, will not be able to exit the Airport.
- Is there a difference between transit and connecting flights?
In a transit flight, the duration of the stay is comparatively longer than of the connecting flight. A visa can be issued while on transit, whereas no visa is issued for a connecting flight.