Ethiopian visas vary from traveller to traveller based upon their requirements, on such type is Ethiopia Diplomatic visa
Diplomats and foreign nationals travelling to Ethiopia would require an Ethiopian Diplomatic visa.
Diplomatic visas are specially used for highly classified state work in foreign territory.
This blog will help you learn further about Ethiopia diplomatic visas, who needs them and what are its requirements.
Who needs an Ethiopian Diplomatic visa?
Diplomatic visas are issued to diplomats/ambassadors who are visiting Ethiopia exclusively for official government business.
Diplomatic visa holders are exempt from general Ethiopian visa policy, requirements, restrictions, and rules.
Diplomatic Visa Requirements
Ethiopia Diplomatic visa requires the following documents:
- Valid Note from Ethiopian Missions Abroad
- Valid passport
- Digital copy of the bio page of your passport
- a recent coloured digital passport photo
- The application form filled out properly
READ ALSO: Ethiopia visa document requirements
How do you apply for an Ethiopia Diplomatic Visa?
Now, there are two ways in which a foreign national can apply for a Diplomatic visa.
One is online and another one is through Embassy.
Apply through Embassy
- To begin, go to Ethiopia's Department of Immigration, Nationality, and Vital Events Agency.
- Then you must collect your application from the relevant authority.
- After you've obtained the application, you'll need to fill it out thoroughly.
- Read the application's "Required documents" section.
- Make sure you have submitted each of the documents the application asked for.
- After completing and submitting your application, you will be required to pay the fee to the concerned authority.
- Always ask for a receipt as confirmation of payment.
- Your application will be checked and processed after that.
- The Embassy will inform you once your visa has been approved.
- Carry your credentials with you when you travel to the embassy to get your visa.
- You need to get Ethiopia Diplomatic visa application online.
- Then you will have to select your visa type and citizenship.
- Then you have to click on I am not a robot option to continue.
- The next tab that opens will ask you your personal details and for documents.
- Read the application properly and then submit the correct digital scan of asked documents.
- After you've completed this, go over your application again.
- If it's error-free, click the submit button.
- The following tab will prompt you to pay the cost, which must be done online.
- You will receive your visa in 10 days if you follow the steps correctly.
- In order to receive your visa, you must go to the embassy.
- Make sure you have all of your documentation with you when you go to get your visa.
READ ALSO:Ethiopia visa processing time
Embassy Office Locations
Office: Department of Immigration Nationality and Event agency
Address: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Office: Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Address: P.O Box: 393, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
How Long is my Diplomatic Visa valid?
Ethiopia Diplomatic visa is valid for a period of 3 months.
READ ALSO: Ethiopia visa status online
Special restrictions, procedures, and rank apply to Ethiopian diplomatic visas. As a result, the standard Ethiopian visa rules and restrictions are not applicable in this arrangement.
The purpose of this blog was to inform you about the Ethiopia Diplomatic Visa, but If you are still puzzled about this Diplomatic visa, you may approach Tourist Visa Online for assistance.
They will provide you with all of the necessary information and will explain all about visas to you.