Citizens of Ghana traveling to Ethiopia for any reason must apply for a relevant visa to enter the territory legally. Yes, Ghanaians must have an Ethiopian visa to visit the country. Ethiopian visa for Ghanaians will be needed and applicants should carry a copy of the visa with them while traveling to the country. Tourists traveling from Ghana to Ethiopia to spend their vacations must obtain a valid Ethiopian tourist visa. Citizens of Ghana traveling to a country for business, conferences, meetings, seminars, etc must apply for an Ethiopian business visa. Citizens of Ghana who want to reside in Ethiopia for a longer period must apply for an Ethiopian resident permit.
READ ALSO: ETHIOPIA VISA POLICY
Ethiopian tourist visa for Ghanaians
Any tourist from Ghanaians is eligible to apply for an Ethiopian electronic visa. The Ethiopian e-Visa is the electronic visa that is mostly obtained by tourists seeking to enter the country for tourism. Ethiopian visa for Ghanaians is available online but first, they should submit the application form. Tourists entering the country are suggested to obtain an Ethiopian tourist visa before they leave for Ethiopia. The electronic visa for tourists was implemented to ease and expedite the process of visa application. This also helps in increasing tourism in Ethiopia.
Ethiopian tourist visas for Ghanaians will permit and allow them to stay and enjoy their Vacations in the country for 30 days. The tourist visa is a single entry visa for Ghanaians which grants one entry into the country.
Applicants from Ghanaians can acquire their Ethiopian tourist visa on Tourist Visa Online. There are easy steps and instructions provided to apply for the Ethiopian tourist visa. Ghanaian citizens can apply by:
- Scroll and select the living country, your citizenship, and your visiting country. Click on Apply button, select 30 days visa for Ethiopia.
- After clicking on the "Proceed to apply" button. Ghanaians can fill the application form for an Ethiopian tourist visa by answering all the questions correctly.
- Ghanaians will also be asked to provide passport and their travel information in the Tourist Visa application form.
- The permanent address of the applicants from the Ghanaians.
- Ghanaian citizens must upload important documents like passport and photos. If the tourist is traveling with small children then they will also need to upload the birth certificate of the child.
- Click on submit button after completing this step and pay the Ethiopian tourist visa fee to proceed to the next step. The Ethiopian tourist visa fee for Ghanaian citizens is 120.0 USD
- After payment, Ghanaians can also see the status of their tourist visa application form.
- The tourist visa will take 5 to 7 days to be processed and get approval. Ghanaian applicants have to pay the processing fee which is 26.0 USD with a visa fee.
- Ghanaian citizens will receive their Ethiopian e-tourist visa after the processing time.
READ ALSO: ETHIOPIA VISA ON ARRIVAL
Documents required for the Ethiopian tourist visa
Ghanaian citizens will require some documents to apply for an Ethiopian tourist visa:
- Passport- Scanned image of first and last page which should be uploaded with the application form
- Photo- Scanned image of the applicant that must be uploaded.
- Flight details and hotel bookings.
- Credit card/Debit Card
The Ghanaian citizens can also have an alternative option to obtain their visa to Ethiopia. The Ghanaians can receive their visa after reaching Addis Ababa Bole International Airport. It means Ghana Citizens are eligible for Ethiopian visa on arrival. The Ethiopian visa on arrival for Ghanaians has the validity of 30 days and it is a single entry visa too.
Visa on arrival for Ghanaians will consume applicants more time as they have to stand in line to apply for visas. The documents needed are the same as the Ethiopian online visa. The applicants from Ghana must have cash with them to pay an Ethiopian visa fee.
READ ALSO: TOURIST VISA IN ETHIOPIA
Ethiopian Business visa for Ghanaians
Ethiopian business visa is the type of visa obtained when visitors from Ghana are willing to do some business-related work in the country. Ethiopian business visa is divided into many categories according to the purpose or work. Applicants have to apply for a relevant type of business visa. If they are visiting Ethiopia to attend a conference or meeting, then they should apply for an Ethiopian conference visa. The application form or the business visa can be obtained either online or from the Ethiopian embassy.
Ghana and Ethiopia are both African countries. Tourists from Ghana often travel to Ethiopia for spending their vacations. If an Ethiopian visa for Ghanaians is obtained online it will be received faster without any issues.