Online visa applications are a very fast growing-alternative to those old and tedious visa processes. In this article, we are going to explain everything you need to know to apply for Ethiopia visa online.
There are mainly two ways to apply for it online, either via a travel agency or the immigration website.
On the Horn of Africa, is this completely landlocked country called Ethiopia. Most people know it as the place that first made coffee beans and presented them to the world.
Apart from that, you can visit the country for its rich history and culture which is ingrained in every part of its art and architecture. You can see all kinds of ruined and preserved churches, mausoleums, obelisks, castles among other things.
There is a mix of several ethnicities grown from many different tribes and colonies. The country produces some of the best honey, coffee and boasts of having the largest livestock rearing stations in the world.
The people speak a lot of ancient and local languages; however, they can also converse in English. You can meet a wide amalgamation of people in the country from all kinds of religions and regions, which can help in expanding your cultural horizons.
We have provided both the methods to apply for Ethiopia visa online, below.
READ ALSO: ETHIOPIA VISA PROCESSING TIME
If you have decided on getting the Ethiopian visa online, here are a few things you should know about its validity, application etc.
- First and foremost, you will have to check your eligibility for the e-visa. If your country is on the list of approved nations for an online Ethiopia visa, you can only apply then.
- Visit the website of this trustworthy travel agency and it will show you all the details of your eligibility and the steps to follow further.
- Once you have confirmed, you can proceed to the application.
- When your Ethiopian visa online has been processed and emailed to you, take a print of it and carry the hard copy to present to the airport security.
- You will be able to stay in the country for 30 days with the e-visa. However, that time can be extended for up to three months.
READ ALSO: IS ETHIOPIA SAFE TO VISIT
If you are taking the help of travel visa online for the online application or any local consulate; you will still have to submit quite a few documents digitally.
We have compiled a list of all the required documents below, for you to go through with your agents:
- Passport, valid for the next six months.
- Passport sized picture taken in accordance with the authorised guidelines.
- Vaccine certificates for both yellow fever and polio.
- Bank statement to show your financial conditions.
- Return flight details.
- Accommodation details for the duration of your stay in the country.
Furthermore, visitors will also need to fulfil a few Covid related requirements after getting the Ethiopian e- visa as mentioned below:
- Carry your RT-PCR report stating that you are negative; it should not be older than 72 hours.
- Undergo the mandatory screening process for the temperature at the airport.
- Non vaccinated travellers will have to quarantine for 14 days to see if they show any symptoms.
- The ones who are vaccinated will not have to quarantine or show their negative test reports. However, they need to present the vaccination certificate.
READ ALSO: ETHIOPIA TOURIST VISA
To apply, go to the website of travel visa online for the Ethiopian e-visa application. You can also go to the official government website of the embassy to fill the form there.
- Fill the application form.
- Attach the documents, scanned into their digital versions.
- Pay the visa fee online.
- Submit the form after double-checking all the details.
- Wait for the Ethiopian E-visa to be processed after which it will be mailed to you.