If you are in Kampala and wish to go to Ethiopia, then you have several visa options depending on the kind and purpose of the visit. In this article, you can read all about applying for an Ethiopian visa for Kampala citizens.
Even though both Ethiopia and Uganda are in the same continent, the temperament of the countries is quite different from each other. As a citizen of Uganda, Ethiopia would be a good place to visit if you are into history especially.
This landlocked country situated in the Eastern side of Africa is full of rugged terrains and ancient relics. You can hire a travel agency like tourist visa online so that they can handle the visa application process as well as guide you through the trip.
Ethiopia has both natural and man-made attractions for its visitors. It is home to the Great Rift Valley which splits the country and makes for an awe-worthy viewing spot.
It has many museums which house the archaeological digs and artefacts dating back to even three million years ago. Several other places that you must visit are its churches, obelisks, tombs and castles from the 12th and 13th centuries.
The citizen of every country in the world needs a visa to go there except for Kenya and Djibouti. Continue reading the article below to find out all about the Ethiopia visa application while in Kampala.
READ ALSO: ETHIOPIA VISA POLICY
The traveller should choose which kind of visa they would like to go with, depending on their need and purpose of the visit.
This kind of an e-visa has been a fairly new addition. Applicants can visit the online website and fill the form, attach documents, pay the fees and submit it. After which the visa will be emailed to you.
Visa on arrival
This option depends on whether or not; the citizens of Kampala are eligible for it. You may need to stand in long queues at the airport after arrival to obtain it. Furthermore, not all airports offer a visa on arrival facility.
Additionally, these Ethiopian visas for Kampala citizens can further be divided in single entry and multiple entry visas. You will also have to choose between the 30 days or the 90 days option.
READ ALSO: ETHIOPIA TOURIST VISA
In the form of paperwork, here are some documents needed to apply:
- A Ugandan Passport, which needs to be valid for a period of six months from your date of entry.
- One passport-sized photograph, taken recently.
- Personal information and identity card to verify these details.
- Travel and accommodation details.
- The information regarding your return flight ticket and the day of departure.
- Bank account statements.
READ ALSO: ETHIOPIA VISA PROCESSING TIME
Further requirements which a travel agency like tourist visa online, needs to inform you regarding the Ethiopian visa application about are:
- As part of the worldwide struggle against covid 19, it is advisable that you should get vaccinated before the trip and carry the certificate of vaccination.
- The Ethiopian visa for Kampala citizens can be extended for up to 30 days by way of submitting an application.
- If you have an e-visa, then print out the visa and carry it to the airport.
- If you have opted for a visa on arrival, then all the required documents should be printed in colour and not black and white, for submission.
- The visa application should not be later than three days before travel. Its validity begins from entry date and not the date of issue.