If you are a journalist, who aspires to go work in Ethiopia, need to get an Ethiopian Visa for Journalists. In this article, we are going to talk about all the documents, procedures and requirements for the same.
Additionally, if you are going to stay in a conflict zone and are applying visa for the same, it is best to get a travel agency like tourist visa online. They have experts to help and guide you throughout the application and preparation process. In many cases, they are better than having to go through a consulate.
Ethiopia is a small country in East Africa, surrounded by land on all sides. One of the major attraction points of Ethiopia is its impeccably safe environment and society. However, as a developing country, it has its fair share of humanitarian as well as governmental issues.
The constitution of Ethiopia provides the right to freedom of expression and fair journalism by national and international organisations is a part of that.
Media houses and journalists have full rights to cover these issues simmering in the country. For that, you will need an Ethiopia Journalist Visa
Continue reading below to find out more about the application process.
READ ALSO: ETHIOPIA VISA SERVICES
What is a Journalist Visa?
Before telling you out about an Ethiopian Journalist Visa, we would like to tell you what exactly a journalism visa entails.
If you are a journalist working as a freelancer or even under contract for a media company based abroad, then you will have to show a proper contract. If you would like to report on any ongoing activity or international or national crisis going on in Ethiopia, then you will need to apply for this visa to enter the country.
Particularly in Ethiopia, it is issued for a period of three months to visiting journalists.
READ ALSO: ETHIOPIA VISA PROCESSING TIME
If you are getting an Ethiopian Visa on arrival or an e-visa as a Journalist visiting the country of Ethiopia, proper documentation is necessary.
If you are taking the help of a travel agency like tourist visa online or even a consulate, the basic paperwork will remain the same. We have presented a complete of documents, for your guidance, below:
- Passport of your country, proving the citizenship. It should also be valid for the next six months.
- You will also have to provide identification documents stating your name, address, date of birth, and nationality.
- If you are bringing any equipment into the country, then provide a full list of the entire tech.
- Return flight ticket details.
- Yellow fever vaccination certificates and other medical history details.
- Travel itinerary stating your accommodation while staying in the country.
- Passport-sized photographs coloured taken recently against a white background.
If you are applying for the Ethiopia Visa for Journalist online and not in person at the embassies then you need to digitise all these mentioned documents by scanning them.
READ ALSO: EASY STEPS TO GET ETHIOPIA VISA ONLINE
If you are applying for an e-visa for the Ethiopian journalist visa or applying online through a travel agency, then follow the steps mentioned below:
- Go to the official government website for visa application.
- You can choose your home country and the kind of visa you would like to apply for.
- Fill in the arrival information, i.e. the date for your trip.
- You will also have to fill in personal information such as name, address, nationality etc.
- Attach the digitalised copies of all the documents that are mentioned above.
- Double check the documents and then pay the visa fee.
- Submit the application form finally.
- You should receive an email regarding the acknowledgement number of the submission.
- Either from the same government website or from the visa tracking service provided by tourist visa online you can check the status of the application.
- It will be mailed to you once it is processed.
- Print a hard copy and carry the Ethiopian journalism visa with you to the airport.