Ethiopia is a land that carries the spirit of nature, beauty and culture. It has been a major attraction in Africa for decades.
This amazing destination has a lot to offer and hence is the most sought place for tourists.
If you are from Somalia and are willing to travel to Ethiopia, then this blog helps you to know everything you wished to learn about Ethiopia visas for Somali citizens.
READ ALSO: TOURIST VISA IN ETHIOPIA
DO SOMALIANS NEED VISAS?
Yes, If you are from Somalia and are planning your trip to Ethiopia then you would require a visa that lets you in Ethiopia legally.
This visa will not only help the tourist but also the government for confirming their identity and departure.
Somali citizens can opt for Ethiopia e-visa which is very easy and quick to apply for. This is an electronic visa that is completely processed online and doesn’t require you to visit the embassy. This visa lets you stay in Ethiopia for 90 days.
All you need to do is submit documents and pay the visa fee for your e-visa to get processed.
ETHIOPIA E-VISA REQUIREMENTS
You would require the following documents for your Ethiopia e-visa:
- Valid Somalian Passport
- Passport-sized photograph
- Bank statement of the applicant
- Proof of accommodations
- Submit the copies of hotel reservations or if you are staying with family or relatives then an invitation letter stating your accommodations.
- A debit or credit card which is to be used for the payment of the Ethiopia e-visa
- A valid email id where you will receive your e-visa
HOW TO GET ETHIOPIAN VISA?
It will take few minutes for Somali citizens to complete the Ethiopia e-visa process if they follow the given instructions successfully:
- Begin with downloading your Ethiopia e-visa application online.
- Then read the form carefully and fill it with personal details as asked for.
- Next, you need to attach the digitally scanned copies of the documents required by the application.
- Make sure you keep soft copies of the documents ready with you.
- Before clicking on submit, review your application for any mistakes.
- As you press on submit option you will be taken to the payment tab where you are asked to pay the visa fee online.
- Use your debit or credit card for processing the payment and you will receive your payment confirmation.
- You can now track your e-visa, which will take 3 days to get processed and reach you via email.
- You are supposed to carry a printout of your e-visa with you to present it to the officers in charge at the entry port.
HOW LONG DO I NEED TO WAIT FOR MY ETHIOPIA E-VISA?
E-visa was launched by the Ethiopian government to quicken the process of visas. The Ethiopia e-visa takes about 3 days to get processed and reach you.
It is also possible for you to apply for the visa just before few days of your departure, however, it is advisable that you apply for the visa keeping sufficient time in your hand.
CAN I EXTEND MY VISA?
Yes, you can easily extend your Ethiopia e-visa by applying for a visa extension.
You need to visit Department for Immigration and Nationality Affairs in Addis Ababa in person and apply for an Ethiopian visa extension.
The officers in charge will verify your documents and will extend your visa for up to 30 days more.
- Valid passport of the applicant
- The current visa
Remeber to apply for visa extension before your current visa expires.
READ ALSO: ETHIOPIA VISA DOCUMENTS REQUIREMENTS
Tourist visa online helps you find all the information you need to know about your visa. Not just this, we also help to ease your visa process. All you need to do is submit your documents and payment to us, we will carry out the whole process for you.
For any queries, our 24x7 team is always ready for you. You get all these services at the cheapest price available.
If you wish to learn more about Ethiopian visas for Somali citizens then you can easily get in touch with us in just a few seconds.