Canadian passport holders, who are willing to visit Ethiopia should obtain their Ethiopian visa. According to Ethiopian visa policy, citizens of Canada are eligible to apply for Ethiopian e-Visa. Ethiopian visa for Canada can be applied online by the applicants. Ethiopia allows and grants permission to 230 nations to apply for their Ethiopian e- Visa.
Ethiopian e- Visa validity for Canadian citizens:
Mostly, the validity of Ethiopian e-Visa is 30 days. Ethiopian visa for Canada allows one-time entry. Visitors cannot travel to the country after exit with the expired e- Visa. The validity of visa for Ethiopia also depends on the visa type.
Ethiopian visa extension for Canadian citizens:
Visitors and tourists, who have Canadian passport can apply for a visa extension if they wish to stay in the country for more than 30 days.
READ ALSO: Ethiopia visa types
Ethiopian Visa processing time for Canadian passport holders:
The processing time for Ethiopian e- Visa is 5 to 7 days. The information about the approval and rejection of Canadian citizen's applications for Ethiopian visa will be sent through their e-mail ID. If the applicant has reapplied for an Ethiopian visa, then processing time for approval may delay and the applicant have to wait for more time.
Ethiopian Visa requirements for Canadian citizens
The applicants and visitors from Canada must fulfill all of the requirements mentioned below for the easy and fast processing of their Ethiopian visa.
- Passport: Canadian passport with necessary details and requirements like:
- The visitor holding a Canadian passport must have a validity of 6 months when they arrive at the airport.
- Applicants have to present their original passport.
- Two blank pages in the passport.
- Canadian applicants have to upload a digital copy of the passport while submitting the online application form.
- Photo- Canadian have to upload and attach the digital or scanned copy of their passport size photograph with the application form.
- Flight tickets- The flight information and their flight return tickets.
- Debit or credit card- To do the online transaction for paying the visa fee.
* There are additional documents required for different types of visa and visa extensions.
- If a visitor holding a Canadian passport is applying for Ethiopia visa from another country then a residence permit is also required.
READ ALSO: Ethiopia visa document requirements
Ethiopian application visa process for Canadian citizens
For obtaining an Ethiopian visa, Canadian citizens have to apply for an e- Visa by following some simple steps.
- Canadian citizens can apply for their visa to Ethiopia online at Tourist Visa Online.
- Select the nationality, residing country name, and name of the country you are visiting.
- Select the type of visa.
- Applicants carrying Canadian passports have to provide personal and passport details.
- The next step is to click on Submit button.
- Canadian citizens can pay for the Ethiopian visa online by credit card or debit card. The Ethiopian visa fee is 120.0USD
- Wait for the visa approval. Processing time is 5 to 7 days and the processing fee is 26.0USD for Canadian citizens.
- Download and take the printout of your Ethiopian visa through your e-mail.
If Canadian citizens are visiting the country for vacation and short trips, then it is recommended to apply for a Tourist visa. It will be valid for 30 days. And visitors holding Tourist Visa can stay and visit the country legally for leisure purposes.
If the Canadian citizens are visiting the country for business meetings, conferences, business-related work, and for any other work then it is necessary to obtain Business Visa for Ethiopia. With Tourist Visa, visitors do not permit to do business or investment work in Ethiopia.
READ ALSO: Ethiopia work visa
There are different types of visas that can be applied by Canadians for Ethiopia visa. But they must have an e-Visa with them to enter the country. Ethiopian visa for Canadian citizens grants them official permission to visit the country and stay there for 30 days.