Ethiopia is the country in East Africa that has astounding archeological sites, cultural and natural monuments, etc. There are several tourist destinations in Ethiopia. Every individual from a foreign country must apply for an Ethiopian visa. The visa provides permission to enter, travel, and stay in the country. Foreign nationals have to follow the Ethiopian rules and regulations to obtain visa.
How does an Ethiopian visa look like?
Many tourists and foreigners who are new may be confused about what does Ethiopian visa looks like. An Ethiopian visa is a small official pass that is required to enter the country. The Ethiopian visa will be stamped in your passport. Or it will be fixed with the passport. The small pass or card will contain the necessary information and details about your journey and visa.
READ ALSO: BUSINESS VISA IN ETHIOPIA
Visa on arrival
If the visitors are planning to obtain a visa arrival, then their visa will be stamped on their passport. Your passport will be marked with a stamp or a sticker which will help you to enter the country. The Ethiopian visa on arrival will contain information like
- the applicant's name,
- visa number,
- The date on which your Ethiopian visa on arrival is issued
- The number of entries allowed
- The place of issue
- The gender of the applicant
- The passport number of the applicant
- The date of birth of the applicant
- The nationality of the applicant
- The application number of the applicant
- The visa type the applicant applied for.
- The expiry date of the applicant Ethiopian visa on arrival
- At the bottom of the visa applicants' information like names will be mentioned.
What are the steps to apply for a visa on arrival?
- Applicants can obtain an Ethiopian visa on arrival after landing at the Addis Ababa Bole International airport.
- Fill the application form for an Ethiopian visa on arrival.
- Submit the Ethiopian visa on the arrival application form at one of the immigration checkpoints.
- They will ask for supportive documents for visa on arrival.
- Pay the Ethiopian visa on arrival fee and after this process waits for some time.
- They will stick your Ethiopian visa on arrival with your passport after approval.
READ ALSO: IS ETHIOPIA SAFE TO VISIT
What are the documents you will need for your Ethiopian visa on arrival?
The documents required for an Ethiopian visa on arrival are a passport, two passport size photos of the applicant, travel details, and hotel booking details.
The Ethiopian e Visa is provided to the applicants online. The details mentioned are almost the same as an Ethiopian visa on arrival. It contains details like:
- First name and surname or last name of the applicant will be mentioned in Ethiopian e-Visa
- Nationality of the applicant
- Date of birth
- Place of birth of the applicant
- Travel document
- The issued date of the travel document
- The expiry date of the Ethiopian e- Visa travel document
- The details of the validity from and valid until
- The type of visa validity
- The reference code
What are the steps to apply for an Ethiopian e- Visa?
Visitors can apply for tourist visa by submitting the application form online. Apply for your Ethiopian tourist e-visa on Tourist Visa Online. The process to apply for Ethiopian e-Visa includes:
- Select basic details(Nationality, living country, etc) and the type of visa.
- Fill the Ethiopian e-Visa application form. Provide your details and passport details on the application form.
- The next step is to upload the scanned image or digital image of all the documents with the form.
- You will have to pay the visa fee online and obtain the receipt after payment.
- Wait for some time till your Ethiopian e-Visa is approved.
- Ethiopian e-Visa will be sent to your e-mail, download the visa and take the printout.
What are the documents needed for Ethiopian e-Visa?
The documents that one should attach with the Ethiopian visa online application form are passport, digital photo, travel details, and flight tickets. Other requirements you should meet are: You must have an active email ID,
Ethiopia embassy visa
The visa provided by the embassy is the same as the sticker visa provided at the airport for visa on arrival. And it will have the same information and details.
What are the steps to apply for an embassy visa?
- Applicants should arrange a meeting with the consulate at the nearby Ethiopian embassy.
- Applicants should carry filled Ethiopia visa application form and should mention what type of visa applicants need.
- Carry other important documents like a passport and other relevant documents according to the type of visa you are applying for.
- After the processing time, you will get your Ethiopian visa.
READ ALSO: ETHIOPIA VISA PROCESSING TIME
The foreign nationals applying for Ethiopian visa must see their eligibility for visa. They should provide all the documents for Ethiopian visas according to the type of visa they are willing to issue