Rich in culture and tradition, Ethiopia is a delight to each of its tourists. The beautiful landscapes and mountains can be breathtaking for anyone.
If you are a tourist from Sudan, then the good news for you is Ethiopian visa for Sudanese citizens are very simple to acquire.
This blog will help you get informed everything about Ethiopian visas.
DO SUDANESE NEED AN ETHIOPIAN VISA?
Yes, Sudanese need Ethiopia e-visa to enter the land of Ethiopia legally and enjoy their trip without any trouble. This visa will also help the Ethiopian government to acquire information and verify their tourist’s identity and departure.
READ ALSO: Ethiopia visa policy
WHAT IS AN ETHIOPIA E-VISA?
Ethiopia E-visa is an electronic visa, introduced by the government of Ethiopia to ease the process of visas for travellers and to reduce the lines in front of the embassy.
This e-visa is completely processed online and is linked with the applicant’s passport.
ETHIOPIAN VISA REQUIREMENTS FOR SUDANESE
Sudanese require the following information and documents for their e-visa:
- Personal Information
- Full name
- Date of birth
- Valid passport with 2 blank pages and 6-month validity
- Coloured passport size photographs
- Passport details
- Copy of hotel reservations
- Letter of invitation in case the applicant is staying with friends or family
- Confirmed flight tickets
TYPES OF e-VISA FOR SUDANESE
Sudanese travellers usually opt for one of these main 2 types of visa:
Tourist visa: This visa allows citizens of Sudan into Ethiopia for travel purposes. It is valid for 30 days. This visa is further divided into 2 types based on entries
- Single entry visa: This allows single entry to applicant into Ethiopia
- Multiple entry visa: This allows multiple entries to applicant into Ethiopia
Business visa: This visa allows Sudanese to enter Ethiopia for work-related activities like meetings or conferences. This visa requires documents by both the employee travelling to Ethiopia and the Employer in Ethiopia, to approve the visa.
HOW TO APPLY FOR AN ETHIOPIAN VISA
It is very easy to apply Ethiopian visa for Sudanese.
- First, you have to get an online Ethiopian e-visa application
- Then read and fill out the form with correct details.
- Once you fill in your details, read the ‘required documents” asked for in the application.
- Attach the digital copy of all the required documents.
- Review your application one last time before clicking on ‘Submit’.
- Once you submit your application, the next tab asks you to pay the required fee.
- You will receive a payment confirmation after you make the payment with your valid debit or credit card.
- You then can easily track the status of your application.
- You will receive your approved e-visa within 3 days.
- Make sure to provide the correct email address as you will be receiving your e-visa through the email you have provided.
READ ALSO: Ethiopia visa processing time
CAN SUDANESE GET VISA ON ARRIVAL IN ETHIOPIA?
Yes, Sudanese are eligible to get visas on arrival at Addis Ababa Bole International Airport in Ethiopia. The applicant needs to be physically present while applying for a visa on arrival. This visa is valid for a short time.
However, this visa is inconvenient compared to an e-visa, as it can get rejected by the authorities on the spot.
Documents required for Ethiopian visa on arrival
- Passport with minimumsix months validity and two blank pages
- Passport size photographs
- Recent bank statement
- Visa on arrival requires an invitation letter for a meeting, seminar or workshop happening in Ethiopia. This letter will act as verification for a visa.
- Visa on Arrival is only issued in Addis Ababa Bole International Airport.
WHICH NATIONS CAN GET VISAS ON ARRIVAL IN ETHIOPIA?
If you are a citizen of any of the following nations, you are eligible for an Ethiopian visa on arrival:
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
- The central African Republic
- DR Congo
- Equatorial Guinea
- The Gambia
- Ivory Coast
- São Tomé and Príncipe
- South Africa
- South Sudan
- Western Sahara
READ ALSO: Easy steps to get Ethiopia visa online
Sudanese can easily acquire Ethiopian visas by just clicking a few times. The e-visa process could be more simplified if you get in touch with Tourist visa online. All you have to do then is provide your information and pay the required fee.
Then you can rest back easily as your visa will reach you within 3 days of time. And you can avail this comfort right at your home with a very minimal fee.