Kenya is a perfect tourist spot for you if you are looking forward to the adventure. The country has a diversified range of wild animals and mountain highlands. The country offers ancient culture and beautiful nature for sightseeing to the tourist. When you think of a country that is perfect for an adventurous holiday, Kenya always tops the list. You can visit Kenya by simply applying for the Kenya Tourist Visa. Here’s what you need to know if you are planning a trip to the lad of adventure – Kenya by applying for a tourist visa.
- Kenya a favourite tourist destination
- Tourist attraction spots in Kenya
- Best time to visit Kenya
- Why is a tourist visa needed?
- Types of tourist visa for Kenya
- How to apply for a tourist visa?
- Required documents for visa application
Kenya a favourite tourist destination
Kenya has to be on your travel list if you are looking forward to exploring adventure and be closer to nature with its wide range of wild animal to see, animal safari and other thrilling activities.
Here are the reasons why Kenya has become a favourite tourist destination:
- The famous park of Kenya: Maasai Mara is one of the world’s magnificent game reserve and is also a wildlife habitat.
- Kenya’s mountains and parks will bring you closer to nature and you wouldn’t want to leave the place.
- They have variety in food offerings depending on the community
Read Also: How do I Apply For Kenya Visa
Tourist attraction spots in Kenya
- Watching Wildlife: As we know that Kenya is home to many wildlife like white/black rhino, cape buffalo, African leopard, African lion and African elephant, the country offers its tourist and opportunity to experience watching wildlife live.
- A chance to witness migration: During the period of mid-August to October, there are many wildebeest animals migrate from Serengeti (in Tanzania) to Maasai Mara in Kenya. This beautiful migration can be witnessed by tourist if they visit Kenya. This surely is an experience to remember for a lifetime.
- Maasai Mara: Maasai Mara is the perfect place to encounter big cats. You can see cheetahs and lions roaming in the plains.
- Beaches o visit: Kenya if a perfect combination of flora and fauna. This can be spotted by just looking at the map itself. It might have plenty of national parks but also has oceans with ivory or white sand. Here you can relax and explore watersports adventure.
- Experience watching bird species: Kenya has a wide variety of bird species that includes pink flamingos, golden-winged sunbirds, African fish eagles and many more.
- Star Gazing: If you love nature and enjoy gazing at the sky, then you must visit Kenya. Kenya’s Loisaba Lodge that is an almost 61000-acre reserve, you can experience sleeping under the sky and stargazing. The beds can be set up outside.
- Ancient sites to visit: The former town near Kenya named Gedi was originated in the 12th century. The mosques, magnificent palace and houses were beautifully developed.
- Mementoes: Kenya is a land that has been gifted wit very talented craftspeople. So if you plan to visit Kenya, you can shop for perfect mementoes for your family and friends.
- Breakfast date with giraffes: Giraffe Manor is set up in suburbs of Nairobi and tourist can participate in feeding them.
- Prince Williams proposed to Kate: Yes you heard it right !! This place has gained more popularity when Price Williams proposed to Kate Middleton in October 2010.
Best time to visit Kenya
To have an amazing experience of viewing the wildlife, the best time to visit Kenya is between June to October, during the dry season. This is the time of the year when the migration takes place and you can experience this life.
Why is a tourist visa needed?
As a tourist, if you wish to visit a foreign land, having a tourist visa is a must to enter. Unless you are from visa-exempt countries. You may apply Kenya tourist e-visa as it is more convenient and time-saving. The list of countries that can apply for e-visa is available on https://www.touristvisaonline.com/kenya-visa. If are from any of these countries then you can apply for tourist e-visa through Tourist Visa Online
Types of tourist visa for Kenya
Tourist visa online offers single-entry Kenya Visa which is for visitors who wish to visit Kenya for business, tourism or other purposes. This type of visa is applicable for only one entry which means that you cannot exit and again enter on the same visa.
Two types of tourist visa for Kenya available at Tourist visa online are:
- 90 Days tourist visa
- Single entry Visa
- Visa validity: 90 days
- Stay validity: 90 days
- Processing time: 4 - 5 days
- 3 Days tourist visa
- Single entry visa
- Visa validity: 72 hours
- Stay validity: 72 hours
- Processing time: 4 - 5 days
How to apply for a tourist visa for Kenya?
There are many sites available online for e-visa, but the best thing about Tourist Visa Online portal is that with just 4 simple and easy step you will have your visa. If you compare the visa fees of Tourist Visa Online with other portals you will realize how pocket friendly it is.
Here’s how you can apply for your tourist visa through Tourist visa online by following 4 easy steps:
- Choose your living and citizenship country and the country you want to apply for a visa
- Select the valid type of visa
- Fill in the Application Form on online portal
- Pay relevant visa fee and track Visa status.
You can refer to https://www.touristvisaonline.com/apply-online-visa for further information
Required documents for Visa application
- Passport with a validity of 6 months
- A passport size photograph with a dimension of 35x45mm
- Bookings of the hotel where you will be residing
- Both ways flight bookings
Note: The photograph must be very clear and preferably against a white, ivory or off white background. The photograph must have your face visible and must look formal.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is Kenya a safe place to travel?
Yes, Kenya is a safe place to travel until you put yourself in trouble. Let me tell you one thing your safety is in your own hands and there is no such country that is 100% safe. These days there are crime, theft happening everywhere. You just have to be well aware of your surrounding.
- I am from India, wanted to know if I would face any issue with food varieties in Kenya?
Kenya has a variety of cuisines. Every community have their native foods. Their cuisine s influenced by tribes too. If you enjoy rice you can explore the dish where rice is flavoured with coconut. You just must avoid eating vegetables raw, otherwise, you are good to go and you will enjoy their cuisine.
- What is the basic travel tip for Kenya?
There are certain that you should make a checklist of:
- Keep an extra copy of passport and visa in your luggage
- Beware of an isolated area, prefer not to be alone on road.
- Ge in touch with the locals and take details of places that you must avoid.
- It is always preferred to keep valuable locked anywhere you travel