Cambodia is a land of rich culture and heritage. However this land has suffered a lot of loss during the continuous years of wars, hence there are many active NGO groups working in Cambodia helping people of backward classes.
If you plan to take part in any NGO group in Cambodia, then you would require an NGO visa to travel to Cambodia.
This blog outlines everything you should know about Cambodia NGO visa and its requirements.
WHO NEEDS A CAMBODIA NGO VISA?
If anyone is planning to travel to Cambodia to be a part of an NGO group, then he or she requires an NGO visa.
This visa is not available to all, hence it’s better to ask your employer if you are eligible for the Cambodia NGO visa.
READ ALSO: Do I need a visa for Cambodia
REQUIREMENTS FOR CAMBODIA NGO VISA
Cambodia NGO Visa is a C-class visa that requires the following:
- Class C visa application form
- The passport is valid for six months with a minimum of 2 blank pages
- Passport sized pictures
- Copy of bio page of the passport
- Valid email address
- Copy of health insurance
- Copy of MOU of the organization and Cambodian government
- Certificate of Negative Covid PCR test
HOW TO APPLY FOR NGO VISA?
The procedure for an NGO visa should start before one month of the arrival of the volunteer.
- This visa is free for volunteers who work under NGOs that have a Memorandum Of Understanding with the government of Cambodia.
- The International NGO will apply for a visa in advance on your behalf and a representative will meet you at the airport with attestation from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs when you arrive. If you have entered Cambodia with any other type of visa, you will need to exit the country and enter again in order to get your C class/ NGO visa.
- Your NGO visa is valid for a period of 3 months and it can be renewed or extended to one year.
- If you are found using your NGO visa for any other purpose that is not mentioned in the visa, then you can be fined and you will require to leave the country within seven days
READ ALSO: How to apply Cambodia visa online
LOCAL LAWS OF CAMBODIA
- You are not allowed to take pictures near military barracks or airports.
- You need to seek permission if you are photographing monks.
- If found using or selling drugs, you can be severely punished.
- Medical facilities in Cambodia are poor in condition.
- Homosexuality is not illegal in Cambodia, however, it receives mixed reactions from people.
- Do not wear short clothes near religious sites as it is against Cambodian law.
COVID RESTRICTIONS IN CAMBODIA
- You will be required to submit a negative Covid PCR report in the entry port
- You will be subjected to some basic temperature checks
- Wear a mask, use hand sanitizer and maintain social distancing.
- Many public places like clubs, karaoke remains closed due to Covid
- Many hotels will ask you for a temperature check and your travel history as part of Covid guidelines
- If you find Covid symptoms in you, dial +855
CAMBODIA VISA ON ARRIVAL
Visa on arrival is issued at the entry port of Cambodia. Applicants need to fill in the form and their visa is processed by the authority present in the entry port.
The applicant requires a passport with a minimum of six months of validity and two passport-sized photos.
There is also a chance of an applicant’s visa getting rejected.
There are around 8 countries that are not eligible for e-visa, these countries can apply for visas on arrival.
- Equatorial Guinea
READ ALSO: Document required for Cmabodia visa
Tourist visa Online helps you in making your visa process painless. All you need to do is submit your details, documents, and required fee to us and we will take care of the rest.
We will verify your application and process your visa on your behalf. So that you only focus on your travel plans.
If you still find yourself troubled or wish to know more about Cambodia NGO Visa renewal, you can simply get in touch with us and we will help you out with detailed guides.