Cambodia is located in the southern portion of the Indochinese Peninsula in Southeast Asia. Cambodia shares its borders with Thailand on the northwest, on the southwest with the Gulf of Thailand, from the south there is Laos and on the east, it is surrounded by Vietnam.
The climate in Cambodia is like the southeast Asian region, the climate is dominated by Monsoon. The temperature can vary from 21 to 35 degrees Celsius. The rainy season in Cambodia is usually from May to October and the dry season is from November to April. The temperature may rise to 40 degrees Celsius in Dry season, the temperature in the rainy season may rise to 22 Degree Celsius.
The currency in Cambodia is “Cambodian riel ”, the exchange rate is $1 is equals 0.00024 Cambodian riels. There are many sports played in Cambodia but the most played sport is “Football”.
Cambodia visa policy
There are two airports available for international tourists, “Phnom Penh ” and “Siem Reap” international airports. From there tourists can get their visa before their arrival and there is a provision for Visa on arrival.
The tourist traveling to Cambodia they can get their visa from Cambodian Embassy. Now there is also a facility that they can apply for e-visa online. All the tourists that are traveling to Cambodia they require to have an e-visa, but some countries don’t require a visa, as the Cambodian Government has exempted some countries from getting the visa.
Tourist that is traveling to Cambodia they can purchase their visa from “Phnom Penh International Airport” and “Siem Reap International Airport” and even from the borders if the country.
READ ALSO: Cambodia Visa Types
There must be one page required for the stamp. The fee for the tourist Visa is $ 30 and the visa is valid for 30 days. The fee for the business visa is $35 and the visa is valid for 30 days, you can extend the business visa for:-
- One month(single entry)
- Three Months (single entry)
- Six Months(Multiple entries)
- One year(Multiple Entry)
- If anyone doesn’t wish to extend their visa for one month, they shall be fined $10 per day.
If you are traveling from these countries then you don’t need a visa to travel. As these countries are visa exempted:-
- Brunei Darussalam
Travelers traveling from these countries don’t require a tourist visa.
The visa requirements for Cambodia for Visa on arrival are:-
- The tourist requires a passport that is 6 months from the expiry date.
- The tourist must have 3 passport size photographs.
- The tourist must be carrying a negative report of COVID-19 within the last 72 hours.
- The tourist must be having insurance covering $50,000 in the name of “Travel Health Insurance”
- Online visa application form
- Last 3 months bank statements.
- Round trip tickets that prove you will leave the country when your visa is over.
READ ALSO: Cambodia Visa Requirements
Cambodia retirement visa
There was a study done by the 2020 Annual Global retirement Index, that Cambodia is ranked first in the cost of living index. A single person can make a living in Cambodia $1250 and whereas the couple can stay while spending $2000 a month.
When a person wants to retire he wants a place where he can relax and in Cambodia, there are many places to see. It is in the southeast of Asia and the life quality is higher.
the cost of living in Cambodia for a retired person can vary from $1000 to $2000 in a month, but the professionals say that in $1500, they can live comfortably.
Getting, Cambodian retirement visa is very easy and all you need to do is a little paperwork:-
The process of getting a retirement visa is
- Firstly, you need to get a visa on arrival from the airports
- Then, you need to fill out a short form and pay the fees of the visa, i.e. $30 for 30 days
- Then, you need to extend your visa for 1 year which will cost you about $300.
- With this, you can have multiple entries in the country.
The requirements for getting a retirement visa in Cambodia is, you need to full fill these conditions:-
- Your age must be more than 55
- You should be unemployed
- You must have enough paperwork to prove that you are retired, through these documents
- With pension papers
- social security documents
- You must be having enough funds in the bank.
These are the requirements you need to fulfill to get a retirement visa in Cambodia.
READ ALSO: How to apply Cambodia visa online
Senior citizens who wish to stay in Cambodia after Retirement can also apply for ER visa. This visa can be extended up to 1 year,
the benefits of this visa are:-
- It can be extended up to 1 year
- One person can do multiple entries in a year